Upcoming events: Langlands Pool & Stones Corner Library Opening
Langlands Park Memorial Pool
Official Opening & Community Open Day
Your local Council pool at Langlands has undergone an $8 million transformation, and it’s ready just in time for summer!
The project includes:
- an upgraded 50-metre pool
- a new 25-metre pool
- a new program pool
- a new children’s aqua park and water slide
- ramps into the 50-metre and 25-metre pool
- accessible change room facilities.
Join us to celebrate the revamped centre as part of a free community open day.
When: 9am – 2pm, Saturday 7 December (official opening by Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner at 9am)
Where: Langlands Park Memorial Pool, 5 Panitya St, Stones Corner
- Free community fun day
- Enjoy the new kids waterslide and aqua park
- Aqua aerobics classes
- Obstacle course
- Sausage sizzle
- Free face painting
- Prizes, giveaways and more
For more information and to view the official Facebook event: click here
Stones Corner Library
Official launch of new-look library
Join us to launch the new look Stones Corner Library following Council’s $600,000 refurbishment project.
The improvements include:
- a reconfigured floor plan to maximise and improve space for visitors
- a new children’s library
- a new reading lounge
- a refresh of the interior and exterior of the historic building.
Come and check out the new and improved facilities, and enjoy a range of free activities.
When: 9am – 3pm, Saturday 14 December (official opening by Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner at 10:30am)
Where: Stones Corner Library, 280 Logan Road, Stones Corner
- Children’s makerspace craft activity, potting station and technology tinker table (all day)
- Free bike safety checks (9am – 12pm)
- Children’s storytime (9:30 – 10am)
- Children’s performance: Nana Magic, Tilly and friends (10-10:30am)
- Performance by tabla percussionist Dheeraaj Shrestha (11–11:30am)
- Author talk: Slow clothing with Jane Milburn (11:30am – 12:30pm)
- Live music from singer/songwriter Sue Ray (12:45 – 1:45pm)
- Slow Clothing workshop (1-2pm)
- Growing succulents seminar (2-3pm)
For full details of all the events on offer: click here